Most Trusted. Most Cited. Most Read.
For more than a century, award-winning ACS journals have maintained the highest editorial standards to deliver peer-reviewed, cutting-edge chemistry research to academic, corporate, and government institutions. With more than 75 hybrid and open access titles and thousands of articles available, ACS journals provide high-quality, high-impact research.
Why choose ACS Journals?
Each year, more than 60,000 researchers at more than 5,000 institutions in 99 countries access articles from ACS Publications. Our unwavering commitment to impact and influence enables ACS to produce a portfolio that generates more citations than portfolios two to three times its size.
ACS Publications is highly selective in the decision to publish new journals. Selection begins with the recognition that a discipline in chemistry or a related science is underserved by currently available publications. After validating the need through research and consultation with the scientific community, we present a proposal for consideration and review by ACS editors and an elected board of ACS members. New journals pass several internal stages of review and receive a commitment from the Society to support the field and its respective community for years to come. The benefits of the portfolio are many:
- Trusted peer review: The peer-review process of ACS journals forms the foundation of the trust that faculty, researchers, and scientists have for our publications. Fair and constructive feedback from leading scholars embodies our commitment to quality peer review. New ACS journals rapidly earn the trust of the scientific community, win awards from the publishing industry, and become high-value, top-performing journals—rounding out the entire ACS portfolio.
- Multidisciplinary impact: From cures for diseases to high-tech materials, the research in ACS Publications is as unique and varied as the scientists who read them. Content in ACS Publications impacts nearly every scientific discipline, including medicine, nanoscience, engineering, environmental studies, computer science, telecommunications, physics, and far beyond.
- Pushing the boundaries of chemistry: The interface of chemistry with biology, environmental sciences, nanoscience, materials science, and more helps to improve lives and the environment, furthering ACS’ organizational mission.
- Easy access: Simple, web-based access features prominent article metrics and navigation to figures and references. Readers can use a variety of tools to easily read, browse, and search across all journal articles.
Many ACS journals are multidisciplinary; even our niche journals cover topics that support, or are supported by, a broad array of research areas. More than one ACS journal could hold the answer you need; these are just a few of the subject areas ACS journals encompass.
- Agriculture and Food Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biological and Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemical Education
- Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry
- Earth, Space, and Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Materials Science
- Organic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Polymer Science
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Flexibility to fit your organization’s unique needs
A number package and a-la-carte options are available for organizations interested in full-text access to ACS Journals.
- ACS All Access (corporate and government only): Get access to all ACS Journals, eBooks, In Focus, News, and references such as ACS Reagent Chemicals and ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication.
- ACS All Publications Package (academic only): Get unlimited subscription access to the front files (1996-present) of all ACS journals. This package also provides seamless access to any new journals that may become available during the subscription term.
- ACS Core Plus Package (academic only): Get unlimited subscription access to the front-files (1996-present) 20 of the most in-demand ACS journals for academia plus C&EN Global Enterprise. Also includes an allotment of tokens that may be used to access non subscribed content like archives, ACS Reagent Chemicals, and more.
- ACS Science Essentials Package (academic only): Choose subscription access to the front-files (1996-present) of any five ACS journals at a deeply discounted rate.
- ACS Metered Access (all markets): Purchase a pre-paid package of tokens that can be used to download any ACS Journal article. They also provide access to ACS eBook chapters, C&EN Global Enterprise news articles, and ACS Reagent Chemicals monographs.
- Individual Journals (all markets): Chose any combination of individual journals and tailor your access to meet your institutions needs. Note, it is strongly recommended to combine this option with a tokens package as almost all successful R&D efforts require access to information that may be found in unexpected places.
ACS employs editors who are world-renowned, active leaders in their fields. Our rigorous peer review process ensures rapid publication of the highest quality information that you can trust in the lab and when making policy decisions. You can be confident that you are working with the world’s most reliable information, with ACS Journals achieving some of the industry’s best median impact factors and extraordinarily low retraction rates.
The peer-reviewed journals of ACS are the most-cited or highest-impact scientific journals in 11 scientific categories, including 5 core chemistry categories, according to the 2019 Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics, 2020).View the infographic