ACS Metered Access Package (Tokens)
Ultimate Flexibility to Fill Research Gaps
Get access to everything at a predictable cost while managing your budget for up to three years. ACS Metered Access provides tokens for use with any of our online resources. Each token provides access to one full-text article or chapter download. ACS token packages are the most straightforward cost structure for ensuring your organization has access to the ACS content you need. You can easily integrate these packages into current document delivery services for overall cost savings.
Why choose the ACS Metered Access Package (Tokens)?
The answer you need may be found in places you wouldn’t expect. Organizations that restrict access to only the journals or digital books they think are most relevant are the least likely to find new solutions. Organizations that open access to the entire ACS portfolio find that, on average, their previous plan supplied less than 50% of the ACS articles they needed. The most novel and valuable solutions originate from multidisciplinary content found across all ACS publications.
- Buying tokens in advance provides substantial savings over waiting until you need an article and paying list price.
- Tokens enable immediate access, so you won’t waste valuable time waiting for a document to be delivered.
- You can choose just the right number of tokens to fit your needs, without risk of overbuying.
Tokens allow access at the article/chapter level to all ACS content, including journals, eBooks*, and news. Tokens may also be used to access individual ACS Reagent Chemicals specifications and procedures and even chapters from the ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication.
- ACS Journals: Find information on the cutting edge of science in ACS’s more than 70 journals. Get immediate access to any journal article, whether it’s a recent publication or part of our Archives. Put the most-cited suite of scientific journals to work in your research.
- ACS Reagent Chemicals: The must-have reference guide for analytical, industrial, and research labs. Contains the purity specifications for almost 500 reagent chemicals and more than 500 standard-grade reference materials.
- C&EN: Get objective news for organizational subscribers from the world’s largest scientific society. It’s the weekly science news source of record. Get access to every article, ad, and more from 1924 to the present to boost your industry awareness and aid in competitive research.
- ACS eBooks: Take a deeper look into a research topic with the peer-reviewed, novel research contained in ACS eBooks. Our eBooks cover research from 1949 to the present and provide more than 37,000 chapters across 1,600 books. These books contain essential research by the world’s leading scientists, including the work of 42 Nobel Laureates.
- ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication: A discovery is nothing if it cannot be communicated externally. With the volume of information in the world today, a resource like the Guide is an important tool to help researchers become more effective communicators, from lab notebook to board room.
* ACS In Focus series currently cannot be accessed by tokens/MAP because they use a different delivery platform.
How to subscribe
ACS Metered Access Package (Tokens) is available to commercial and government institutions via a one-time purchase. You can purchase tokens in addition to your existing ACS subscriptions, or as a stand-alone package.
We have a range of package sizes to suit your organization, with the cost per token decreasing as package size increases. Tokens are valid for three years from purchase.
Get access or contact your sales representative directly to review all acquisition options.