Empower mastery. Promote excellence. Enable engaging learning.
An ever-growing gallery of expert-developed, curated courses perfect to augment any chemistry curriculum and learning experience. Courses range across a spectrum of needs, including lab safety, chemistry in practice, technical skills development, scientific communications, and leadership and professional development.
Comprehensive and authoritative learning platform
ACS Institute supports the broad chemistry community across the spectrum of learning from foundational education, career expertise, and professional development. It addresses a significant gap in the training landscape for chemistry-specific knowledge which is currently highly disparate, inconsistent, and sourced from a wide-range of providers.
The ACS Institute is broken into seven learning centers and content is available for both individual- and organization-level. The four learning centers that will offer a growing suite of courses packaged for organization-level deployment include:
- ACS Center for Lab Safety
- ACS Center for Chemistry in Practice
- ACS Center for Technical Skills Development
- ACS Center for Scientific Communications
- For non-chemists: Courses will assist those who rely on chemistry-related technology but aren’t chemists—or even scientists—such as nurses, waste management operators, and construction workers.
- For scientists: A career in science means continual development of skills. The ACS Institute will assist in expanding technical skills, professional development, lab safety, and more.
- For faculty: Provide students with the most relevant in-practice tips and techniques without trying to squeeze more into class time. Leverage your school’s existing learning management system, making it easy for students and faculty monitor course progression and demonstrate mastery.
- For employers: Ensure your scientific staff are functioning at their optimum level, using the most recent advances in technology, and operating in a safe environment.
A select subset of courses offered within the ACS Institute are available for organization-level deployment, from within your organization’s learning management system. These courses are expertly designed to help organizations of all types, corporate, academic, and government, achieve their training and education goals. More courses are underway.
Available for immediate adoption through your LMS:
- ACS Author Lab: Master the preparation and publication of scientific manuscripts
- Reduce the Spread of Viruses: Give professionals the tools they need to reduce the spread of viruses in their workplaces.
- ACS Essentials of Lab Safety for General Chemistry: Prepare students to enter the chemistry lab.
More courses coming soon. To explore additional courses available outside of the LMS envelope, visit institute.acs.org.
Select, individual courses are available for organization-level deployment and pricing is tiered based on number of learners. Courses are easily compatible with most Learning Management Systems.
Access is available for course evaluation and review.
Click below to get started, and we’ll be glad to help setup a course demo, evaluation, quotation.
Help your organization reach a new level of understanding
Empower Comprehensive Mastery
ACS Institute centralizes and focuses learning through an innovative gallery of curated educational resources. It supplements foundational knowledge, advances technical skills, and bolsters chemistry in practice. ACS Institute courses enhance core understanding and can affect lifelong learning.
Promote Excellence Through Expertise
The ACS Institute incorporates a broad-range of expertise, content, and knowledge across foundational learning and skills development. Courses are peer-reviewed and expert-vetted to instill confidence.
Enable Engaging Learning
Support and supplement varying learning environments with ease through integration of ACS Institute courses. Courses are accessible anytime, anywhere through a dynamic learning portal that can be seamlessly integrated into any LMS.
The ever-growing gallery of ACS Institute supports optimal leaner understanding of foundational knowledge and technical skills, while innovating curriculum around the latest, emerging techniques.
Centralize and focus learning
The ACS Institute is comprised of seven learning centers which span critical areas of study, development, and expertise. Within each Center, there is a rich, ever-growing gallery of subject matter expert-developed learning resources.
Many of our courses are available for individual purchase and large-scale implementation. The links below will take you to the individual course sites. Return to this page and click get access should you see any courses you wish to implement within your LMS.