ACS Evidence Based Acquisition for ACS eBooks
ACS Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA) empowers libraries to take control of eBook acquisition while eliminating guesswork. Simply meet a minimum purchase commitment to get a year of full evaluation access to more than 1,600 ACS eBooks. After the end of the evaluation term, ACS will provide a usage report to help you decide which eBooks you want to purchase.
Why choose ACS Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA)?
- Have confidence you’re investing in the books your patrons genuinely need and use.
- Sample our entire ACS eBooks collection (including the ACS Symposium Series and Advances in Chemistry Series) for a full year.
- Choose the number of books that fit your budget. The greater the number of eBooks you commit to purchasing, the lower the cost per book.
- Enjoy three months after your evaluation period to decide on purchase; easily upgrade your purchase commitment during that period if you want more books than planned. Use your free usage report to decide which books to purchase.
- Get unlimited usage by an unlimited number of simultaneous users for all purchased eBooks.
All ACS eBooks, which includes the ACS Symposium Series and ACS Advances in Chemistry.
The ACS Symposium Series is a collection of peer-reviewed books that fully illuminate topics in more detail than a journal article can offer. These titles are backed by substantial original research, and each chapter authored by an expert in the field. For over 40 years, the ACS Symposium Series has been delivering essential research from world leading scientists, including 41 Nobel Laureates, to audiences spanning disciplines and applications. Books are developed from successful symposia sponsored by ACS or other organizations. Topics span the entirety of chemistry, including applications, basic research, and interdisciplinary reviews.
The Advances in Chemistry series is a high-quality, peer-reviewed book series was published from 1949–1998 to provide the research community with an avenue to publish content and special topics that was beyond the scope of the existing ACS journals. Advances in Chemistry books were critically reviewed according to ACS editorial standards and receive the careful attention and processing characteristics of ACS publications.
ACS In Focus digital books are not included. They are hosted on a separate platform and are not currently compatible with the EBA package.